Universal Audio ha rilasciato 1176 Classic Limiter Collection per i possessori di UAD-2 e della nuova interfaccia audio Apollo.
Questa nuova collezione ci propone l'emulazione di 3 diversi tipi di unità hardware 1176, con caratteristiche mirate a specifici interventi.
“While our original 1176LN plug-in is still the closest software emulation of the original hardware available, we’ve learned a lot in the ten years since its release. That knowledge has produced the 1176 Collection,” says Matt Ward, President of Universal Audio. “The results are simply stunning, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer this to our UAD-2 customers.”
The 1176 Limiter Plug-In Collection provides three distinct 1176 revisions, representing over 40 years of design iterations. The Rev A “Bluestripe” represents the original Putnam FET limiter design, complete with its higher distortion and unique FET gain amplifier characteristics. The Rev E “Blackface” covers the early 70’s / Brad Plunkett “LN” (Low Noise) era of the 1176 circuit lineage, with a more linear compression response, transistor gain amplification, and a change to the program dependency. The 1176AE emulates UA’s rare 1176 40th Anniversary Edition, complete with exclusive “hot-rod” mods — including its lower 2:1 compression ratio and a fixed “super slow” 10ms attack mode.
Also included in the 1176 Classic Limiter Plug-In Collection are handcrafted presets from some legendary 1176 enthusiasts: Ed Cherney (Eric Clapton, Bonnie Raitt), Joe Chiccarelli (The White Stripes, The Killers), Carl Glanville (U2), David Isaac (Marcus Miller, Luther Vandross), Andy Johns (Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Norah Jones), Hugo Nicolson (Radiohead, Björk), Vance Powell (The Dead Weather, The Raconteurs), and Andrew Scheps (Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers).
- Faithful emulation of legendary M.T. “Bill” Putnam-designed classic FET Limiter, the most popular compressor ever made.
- Includes three famous versions: Rev A, Rev E, and AE — each with their own specific features and sonic attributes.
- Models entire electronic path, including transformers, FET and bipolar transistor amplifiers.
- Compression circuit model includes improved gain reduction nonlinearities and Attack/Release fits.
- Famous ultra fast attack time – 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds.
- New “No Ratio” or Attack “Off” provides popular amplifier-only mode Input and Output amplifier distortion.
- All multi-button ratio combinations now available — including famous “All-Buttons”.
1176 Classic Limiter Collection è in vendita a $299 USD (compresa nella nuova release del software UAD). I possessori della versione 1176LN Limiting Amplifier posso averla al prezzo scontato di $149 USD.